a dream project

I have been collecting brief descriptions of recent actual dreams, all of which are included here. I am not interested in analyzing them, but simply curious about the experiences we have while our minds and bodies are at rest.


In the process of collecting these dream stories, I was inspired to make A Thousand Threads, a limited edition, screen-printed book. It contains short, meditative poems I wrote by interweaving the dream fragments of others with my own dream imagery.


This project was part of The Spaces in Between, a solo exhibition curated by Susanna Meiers, February 14 – March 11, 2011, at the El Camino College Art Gallery in Torrance, CA.


To see all of the book pages or contribute a dream story, please go to www.betsylohrerhall.com. Thanks!




Thursday, February 17, 2011

Paula Isenberg - Tiny Threads


In this dream my son had just completed an art project for a fibers class by combining many sculptural baskets together. He was ranting with frustration because he didn't like the way he had joined the baskets and he didn't have time to take it apart and re-design it. Suddenly my sister, cousins and nieces came into the room and started the tedious process of undoing thousands of tiny threads. (This part featured each relative working.) When my son returned he was delighted to find that it was ready to re-construct. [P.S. - All these women were just here for his wedding.]

For years I've had recurring dreams about wandering through houses and finding new and wonderful rooms. Sometimes the new house is mine; other times it's someone else’s house.

Paula Isenberg
Wednesday night, October 27, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment