a dream project

I have been collecting brief descriptions of recent actual dreams, all of which are included here. I am not interested in analyzing them, but simply curious about the experiences we have while our minds and bodies are at rest.


In the process of collecting these dream stories, I was inspired to make A Thousand Threads, a limited edition, screen-printed book. It contains short, meditative poems I wrote by interweaving the dream fragments of others with my own dream imagery.


This project was part of The Spaces in Between, a solo exhibition curated by Susanna Meiers, February 14 – March 11, 2011, at the El Camino College Art Gallery in Torrance, CA.


To see all of the book pages or contribute a dream story, please go to www.betsylohrerhall.com. Thanks!




Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cheryl Bennett - Traveling Without A Ticket

Traveling with a group of people. Time to go home and they get ahead of me in line.  I have to catch up to them because I don't even know what airline we are going home on.  I am afraid people will think I'm taking cuts but then I realize a lot of people are standing off on the side of the line talking so no one will think I'm taking cuts.  When I catch up to everyone and we are nearing the point of boarding the plane, I realize I have nothing with me.  No ticket.  No driver's license.  Someone in my group says not to tell them I lost it but to say I never had ID.  I am worried I won't think of all the answers to all their questions if I lie about that.  I go up to the counter and the agent is a sympathetic black woman.  I burst into tears and tell her that when I was in England someone stole my purse with all my money and ID.  She tells me not to worry; that is why they digitalize everything.  I am trying to remember my driver's license number but can only think of the first three digits for sure, just like in real life. I sorta think I know some of the other digits.  She needs to know what flight number and airline.  I ask Dwight for his ticket (he wasn't in the dream up until this point).  I am surprised he lets me have it as he is usually worried I will lose it or do something wrong with it.  Then I wake up.

Cheryl Bennett
December 15, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment