a dream project

I have been collecting brief descriptions of recent actual dreams, all of which are included here. I am not interested in analyzing them, but simply curious about the experiences we have while our minds and bodies are at rest.


In the process of collecting these dream stories, I was inspired to make A Thousand Threads, a limited edition, screen-printed book. It contains short, meditative poems I wrote by interweaving the dream fragments of others with my own dream imagery.


This project was part of The Spaces in Between, a solo exhibition curated by Susanna Meiers, February 14 – March 11, 2011, at the El Camino College Art Gallery in Torrance, CA.


To see all of the book pages or contribute a dream story, please go to www.betsylohrerhall.com. Thanks!




Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jane Lohrer - Someone Calling Me


Unfortunately, I don't have anything exciting or positive to tell about my dreams in the last month or so.  However, in the last couple months I've woken at Mom's house hearing a woman call “Jane” with no distinctive geographical accent, yet it doesn't sound like a stranger calling me.  Instantly, I'm fully awake but I have no idea who belongs to the voice.  Of course, I open my bedroom door wondering if it is my Mom calling, but if it was......it was a much younger Betty voice.  It's a little nervewracking.  I wanna know who it is.  Otherwise, I sleep like a log the instant my head hits the pillow.  Maybe I could try eating cheese before bed to dream up something more telling.  I love when I have skiing or travel adventure dreams.

Jane Lohrer
New Hampshire
December 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment